This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC][PATCH] backport faster dominance info patch from tree-ssa
- From: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- To: Steven Bosscher <s dot bosscher at student dot tudelft dot nl>
- Cc: rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz, <gp at suse dot de>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 19:46:29 -0700 (MST)
- Subject: Re: [RFC][PATCH] backport faster dominance info patch from tree-ssa
On Sun, 28 Dec 2003, Steven Bosscher wrote:
> I had hoped Zdenek's faster dominators patch for the tree-ssa branch
> would fix some loop optimizer problems (e.g. PR12780), so I backported
> that patch to mainline.
> Unfortunately it does not fix any PRs, but it does speed up the
> compiler somewhat (~49s down from ~51.5s (~5%) for Geralds PR8361
This is OK for mainline. I'll stick my neck out and agree with both
you and Gerald that improving gcc 3.4 compile-time is both a bug-fix
and regression fix and is therefore suitable during current stage3.
I also appreciate that keeping this sort patch current can be major
headache, and so a speedy review is appropriate.
> Bootstrapped (c,c++,objc,f77) & regtested, of course.
Please also include the target-triple next time. I'll sleep easier
at night :>
> Backport from tree-ssa (relevant changes only):
> 2003-12-18 Zdenek Dvorak <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Many thanks to both you and Zdenek.