This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC][PATCH] backport faster dominance info patch from tree-ssa
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <gp at suse dot de>
- To: Steven Bosscher <s dot bosscher at student dot tudelft dot nl>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz
- Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 16:35:25 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: [RFC][PATCH] backport faster dominance info patch from tree-ssa
- References: <email@example.com>
On Sun, 28 Dec 2003, Steven Bosscher wrote:
> Unfortunately it does not fix any PRs, but it does speed up the
> compiler somewhat (~49s down from ~51.5s (~5%) for Geralds PR8361
> testcase [...]
5% on that testcase is nothing to sneer at! :-)
> which is in a way also a bugfix.
It definitely is bug fix, for PR8361 is a high priority regression
for GCC 3.4, so given your rationale...
> 1. it is a speedup, and we need lots of those ;-)
> 2. the bulk of the changes are in dominance and et-forest,
> so this patch is mostly just an interface change
> 3. it has already had lots of testing on the tree-ssa branch.
...I really think this should be considered even at stage 1.
(Would you mind adding a reference to your patch to the PR?)