This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] Avoid nondeterminism in tree-ssanames
- From: Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- To: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 29 Nov 2003 22:21:14 -0800
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] Avoid nondeterminism in tree-ssanames
- References: <20031130005615.GR6442@kam.mff.cuni.cz>
Jan Hubicka <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> I've run into problem that tree-ssanames in combination with garbage
> collector may produce non-deterministic results. The problem is that
> garbage collector invoked form the middle of SSA compilation path (not
> done in official tree) zaps the free list of nodes.
Can you try to work out why zapping a freelist should produce
different results? It shouldn't.
If you find that bug, then this patch is unnecessary.
- Geoffrey Keating <email@example.com>