This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix Ada makefile problem with parallel make
- From: "Zack Weinberg" <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Ulrich Weigand <weigand at i1 dot informatik dot uni-erlangen dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 15:19:58 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix Ada makefile problem with parallel make
- References: <200311292239.XAA23668@faui1d.informatik.uni-erlangen.de>
Ulrich Weigand <email@example.com> writes:
> when bootstrapping with parallel make and Ada enabled, I'd regularly
> get errors like "xnmake: Text file busy", because two Makefile rules
> that might run in parallel both create and use the xnmake binary.
> This patch adds a quick fix to serialize those two rules to avoid
> that problem.
> Bootstrapped/regtested on s390-ibm-linux and s390x-ibm-linux.
OK. A refactor that eliminated all the duplicate work would be better,
but your fix is good for now. (I think I see how to clean this up
bigtime but I have other priorities at the moment.)