This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix Ada makefile problem with parallel make
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm at polyomino dot org dot uk>
- To: Ulrich Weigand <weigand at i1 dot informatik dot uni-erlangen dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 22:46:16 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix Ada makefile problem with parallel make
- References: <200311292239.XAA23668@faui1d.informatik.uni-erlangen.de>
On Sat, 29 Nov 2003, Ulrich Weigand wrote:
> when bootstrapping with parallel make and Ada enabled, I'd regularly
> get errors like "xnmake: Text file busy", because two Makefile rules
> that might run in parallel both create and use the xnmake binary.
> This patch adds a quick fix to serialize those two rules to avoid
> that problem.
> Bootstrapped/regtested on s390-ibm-linux and s390x-ibm-linux.
You don't say how you've tested for any remaining parallel make problems
(or whether you've included make gnatlib_and_tools in your parallel make
testing), e.g. several bootstraps with -j8, but if parallel building with
Ada now works reliably then you should remove the statement in
install.texi that you can't build in parallel when building Ada.
Joseph S. Myers