This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa, RFC] SSA_NAMES and overload of chain field
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 15:37:37 -0800
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa, RFC] SSA_NAMES and overload of chain field
- References: <20031128224306.GO1906@kam.mff.cuni.cz>
On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 11:43:06PM +0100, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> The use of the field in SSA_NAME_DEF_STMT breaks this expectation and
> confuses GGC when multiple SSA_NAMES point to same DEF_STMT.
This should not be the case. GGC should stop iterating forward when
the "next" pointer is already marked. How does this cause confusion?