This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] [PATCH]: Add some PRE regression tests
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- To: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 13:06:49 -0500
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] [PATCH]: Add some PRE regression tests
- Organization: Red Hat Canada
- References: <6453EA84-1F71-11D8-8C70-000A95DA505C@dberlin.org>
On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 13:01, Daniel Berlin wrote:
> Basically, if PRE is broken again, these tests will fail to compile due
> to an abort or another error message (IE there is no need to execute
So, we don't need to scan a dump file making sure something that should
be gone really is? Otherwise, they look OK. I would only ask you to
add a comment to each test case explaining what it is that it's testing.
> Also, do i need a changelog entry for new tests (what changelog do they
> go in?)
There are two schools of thought here. Some people add them, some
don't. I personally add them, but I'm not going to enforce it. If you
do, modify testsuite/ChangeLog.tree-ssa.