This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH for Re: GCC Mainline is in Stage 3
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <gp at suse dot de>
- Cc: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 24 Nov 2003 11:15:48 -0800
- Subject: Re: PATCH for Re: GCC Mainline is in Stage 3
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <Pine.LNX.4.58.0311241803210.8408@D209.suse.de>
On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 09:06, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> [ gcc -> gcc-patches ]
> On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> > We already have one exception that is pretty clearly carved out: adding
> > an entirely new port. I think that changes to a specific back-end are
> > also more acceptable than (for example) changes to an optimizer. When
> > the change is localized to a specific back end, it's pretty clear that
> > no other ports can be affected, and the back end maintainer can
> > understand the "whole picture" pretty well.
> How about the patch below to document this?
Yes, that's fine.
Mark Mitchell <email@example.com>