This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [csl-arm] Fix Thumb thunks (actual patch)
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Phil Edwards <phil at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>, Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 12:16:47 +0000
- Subject: Re: [csl-arm] Fix Thumb thunks (actual patch)
- Organization: ARM Ltd.
- Reply-to: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
> 2003-11-21 Phil Edwards <email@example.com>
> * config/arm/arm.c (arm_output_mi_thunk): In Thumb mode, use
> 'bx' instead of 'b' to avoid branch range restrictions. Output
> the thunk immediately before the thunked-to function.
> * config/arm/arm.h (ARM_DECLARE_FUNCTION_NAME): Do not emit
> .thumb_func if a thunk is being generated. Emit .code 16 along
> with .thumb_func if a thunk is not being generated.
This is fine. Thanks.
Mark, since the series of changes leading up to this fix a bug on ARM, how
comfortable do you feel about bringing the whole set onto the mainline for