This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix target/12898 (reload problem on Alpha)
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Falk Hueffner <falk dot hueffner at student dot uni-tuebingen dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 15:14:52 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix target/12898 (reload problem on Alpha)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 02:56:12PM +0100, Falk Hueffner wrote:
> * explow.c (copy_to_suggested_reg): Don't create new pseudo for
> paradoxical subregs, but copy into contained hardreg.
Hum. I'm not sure I like this.
I think it'd be better to just restructure how we do construction
of SImode values. Since we can always use ldah+lda to build any
SImode constant, it seems silly to do that whole search thing for