This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch to remove extraclean targets
- From: Jim Wilson <wilson at specifixinc dot com>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm at polyomino dot org dot uk>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 01:11:49 -0800
- Subject: Re: Patch to remove extraclean targets
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Joseph S. Myers wrote:
The gcc directory has an "extraclean" target, not one of the standard
GNU targets, which is supposed to "Delete anything likely to be found
in the source directory that shouldn't be in the distribution.".
Checking old gcc versions, I see that this was used by the Makefile
rules for building a release, but those Makefile rules have long since
disappeared. As you mention, the new release scripts don't need this.
(libobjc/makefile.dos also has an extraclean target. That file hasn't
had any substantive changes for a long time and may well no longer be
of any use.)
We may as well fix it.
Boostrapped with no regressions on i686-pc-linux-gnu. OK to commit?
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.SpecifixInc.com