This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa PATCH] Pick memory consumption low hanging fruit
- From: Steven Bosscher <s dot bosscher at student dot tudelft dot nl>
- To: law at redhat dot com
- Cc: Andrew Macleod <amacleod at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 01:56:39 +0100
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa PATCH] Pick memory consumption low hanging fruit
- References: <200311190013.hAJ0D7w3003771@speedy.slc.redhat.com>
On Wednesday 19 November 2003 01:13, email@example.com wrote:
> In message <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Steven
> > PR8361 is a good example. Basically, _any_ C++ file with lots of
> > templates is
> >a good example.
> >(probably because we cannot collect garbage after lowering and
> > tree-optimizat ion???)
> Well, I'm not immediately aware of a reason why we couldn't collect
> after lowering, then again after tree-optimization.
I've tried this and it fails, so apparently lowering isn't completely GC safe
either. Need to find out why...
> We can't collect
> between the tree optimizers as we haven't made the effort to make sure
> they're GC safe.