This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH - Saving varargs for powerpc with -mpowerpc64
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: Fariborz Jahanian <fjahanian at apple dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 15 Nov 2003 00:52:34 +0100
- Subject: Re: PATCH - Saving varargs for powerpc with -mpowerpc64
- Organization: Integrable Solutions
- References: <9B7170AE-16F3-11D8-96DA-000393B9ED88@apple.com>
Fariborz Jahanian <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
| On Friday, November 14, 2003, at 02:04 PM, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
| > Fariborz Jahanian <email@example.com> writes:
| > | This patch fixes a bug when ppc saves vararg registers in function
| > | prologue. Bug is with -mpowerpc64
| > | mode only. It replaces call to middle-end routine,
| > | move_block_from_reg, with an rs6000 specific one.
| > | bootstrap, dejagnu tested on ppc-darwin. Specific SPEC test for this
| > | bug, 176.gcc, builds with -O3 -mpowerpc64.
| > |
| > | David Edelsohn has approved this patch.
| > Is this bug also present in prerelease 3.3.3?
| Yes. But this patch is one in a series of patches to provide support
| for -mpowerpc64.
Actually I'm interested in bits that fix bugs; I thought this one
would be a good candidate for 3.3.3, but if it is not just a bug fix,
then forget me :-)