This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fix for PR/6552
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: geoffk at geoffk dot org
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 14 Nov 03 14:35:01 EST
- Subject: Re: Fix for PR/6552
That is not true. For instance, the code might not compile at all.
Correct, but I *did* test it against the PR case using a cross-compiler
for that case, precisely to rule out such a possibility and to show that
the change does fix the bug.
Or you might be mistaken about when the code gets exercised.
Highly unlikely. This is called only for Ada and only on certain machines.