This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fix for PR/6552
- From: Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- To: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 14 Nov 2003 11:31:57 -0800
- Subject: Re: Fix for PR/6552
- References: <10311141911.AA26131@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
email@example.com (Richard Kenner) writes:
> Please run a full bootstrap together with the testsuite before
> committing any patch. Testing it on some local tree of some ancient
> version of the compiler does *not* count.
> The code that was modified is not exercised in a bootstrap or testsuite
> on any machine I have simple access to: the PR in question was very
> machine-specific, as is this code.
> So there's no point in running it.
That is not true. For instance, the code might not compile at all.
Or you might be mistaken about when the code gets exercised.
- Geoffrey Keating <firstname.lastname@example.org>