This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fix for PR/6552
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: geoffk at geoffk dot org
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 14 Nov 03 14:11:19 EST
- Subject: Re: Fix for PR/6552
Please run a full bootstrap together with the testsuite before
committing any patch. Testing it on some local tree of some ancient
version of the compiler does *not* count.
The code that was modified is not exercised in a bootstrap or testsuite
on any machine I have simple access to: the PR in question was very
machine-specific, as is this code.
So there's no point in running it.