This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] Removal of gotos from cfg based ir
- From: law at redhat dot com
- To: Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- Cc: Andrew MacLeod <amacleod at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, jh at suse dot cz
- Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 20:19:26 -0700
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] Removal of gotos from cfg based ir
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
In message <20031114003718.GA27530@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>, Zdenek Dvorak wri
>> understand there are benefits, but there are also negatives. Thats a big
>> enough switch that we're almost handling 2 ILs in my books.
>Could you be more specific about the negatives? I fail to see any.
First and foremost the IL is no longer a complete representation of the
program. To me that seems like the wrong direction from a design standpoint.
I'd like to hear from others with experience in ILs about the pros/cons
of Zdenek's design.