This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: new ARM shift pattern for double
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Nicolas Pitre <nico at cam dot org>, mark at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 15:46:45 +0000
- Subject: Re: new ARM shift pattern for double
- Organization: ARM Ltd.
- Reply-to: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
> You should also note that ashift (x const) is normally canonicalized by
> the optimizer to mult (x (2<<(const-1))). We probably ought to have a
> similar matcher for arm_multdi3_const2.
Which, of course, is a rather strange way of writing
mult (x (1 << const))