This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH - Minor changes to support 64bit int/32bit ABI for PPC
- From: Fariborz Jahanian <fjahanian at apple dot com>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 11:31:12 -0800
- Subject: Re: PATCH - Minor changes to support 64bit int/32bit ABI for PPC
On Monday, November 10, 2003, at 11:07 AM, David Edelsohn wrote:
Fariborz Jahanian writes:
Fariborz> I see several places in rs6000.c of FSF branch where code is
Fariborz> controlled by
Fariborz> HOST_BITS_PER_WIDE_INT == 32. So, above policy must have
Fariborz> been enacted post those changes.
There are #if brackets testing HOST_BITS_PER_WIDE_INT to avoid
compiler warning when compiling in 32-bit mode for 32-bit target.
It seems to me that following code does not fall under above
But in any case, I will make my change APPLE LOCAL.
#if HOST_BITS_PER_WIDE_INT == 32
lshift_double (low, high, POINTER_SIZE - GET_MODE_BITSIZE
POINTER_SIZE, &low, &high, 0);
low |= high << 32;
low <<= POINTER_SIZE - GET_MODE_BITSIZE (mode);
high = (HOST_WIDE_INT) low >> 32;
low &= 0xffffffff;