This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [csl-arm] Fix Thumb thunks (actual patch)
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
- Cc: Phil Edwards <phil at jaj dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, rearnsha at arm dot com
- Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 09:32:00 -0800
- Subject: Re: [csl-arm] Fix Thumb thunks (actual patch)
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <200311101011.hAAABF024363@pc960.cambridge.arm.com>
- Reply-to: mark at codesourcery dot com
> .thumb_func is another gross hack that in the long term I'd like to see
> disappear. Yes, it does switch the assembler into thumb state, but its
> real effect is to mark the following label as being of type THUMB_FUNC
> (which is a GNU deviation from the ARM ABI, even the current one).
> .code [16|32] is the correct directive for switching between ARM and Thumb
> state, and we should ensure that the compiler is doing that properly.
Phil and I talked about this morning, and he's going to make that
change, and continue testing.
Mark Mitchell <firstname.lastname@example.org>