This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [csl-arm] Fix Thumb thunks (actual patch)
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Phil Edwards <phil at jaj dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, rearnsha at arm dot com, mark at codesourcery dot com
- Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 14:32:49 +0000
- Subject: Re: [csl-arm] Fix Thumb thunks (actual patch)
- Organization: ARM Ltd.
- Reply-to: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
> Testsuite runs will begin shortly. Any comments in the meantime?
> 2003-11-07 Phil Edwards <email@example.com>
> * config/arm/arm.c (arm_output_mi_thunk): In Thumb mode, use
> 'bx' instead of 'b' to avoid branch range restrictions. Output
> the thunk immediately before the thunked-to function.
> * config/arm/arm.h (ARM_DECLARE_FUNCTION_NAME): Do not emit
> .thumb_func if a thunk is being generated.
You will probably need to emit a .code 16 directive at the end of the
thunk (or probably better still, just emit one before the start of each
function, with the .thumb_func).