This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH]: PR 11271 Handle reloading of R+R+CONST for any reg
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
- To: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- Cc: Ulrich Weigand <weigand at i1 dot informatik dot uni-erlangen dot de>,gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 09:01:16 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH]: PR 11271 Handle reloading of R+R+CONST for any reg
- References: <200311060139.hA61du702939@pc960.cambridge.arm.com>
> No, it's an essential part of recovering from register elimination, and
> was causing a bootstrap failure when building the Thumb libraries for
Yes, it is necessary on SPARC too because of preventive subreg big-endian
corrections, as indicated in the comment.
However your patch looks suspicious to me too, because the code really builds
a (base + index) pattern, so I think it makes sense to test that it is
possible to do so beforehand.