This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] COMPOUND_EXPR removal
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, dnovillo at redhat dot com, jh at suse dot cz
- Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 10:27:41 -0800
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] COMPOUND_EXPR removal
- References: <20031105160803.GA13642@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 05:08:03PM +0100, Zdenek Dvorak wrote:
> this patch replaces the COMPOUND_EXPRs by the double linked list of
> containers, thus finally making the manipulation with cfg reasonably
Unfortunately, it doesn't start early enough.
In order to fix tree-eh speed problems, the double-linked-list has to
exist before lower_eh_constructs; i.e. at minimum it needs to be created
during gimplification. Doing it there also avoids the need for
rationalize_compound_expr during gimplification as well, which is nice.
But in order to have the double-linked-list exist before all the other
containers (COND_EXPR, TRY_FINALLY_EXPR, etc) have been removed, we have
to have a way to embed this list into existing tree nodes. Which means
that we need a new tree container.