This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 3.4 PATCH: Remove duplication in ada/Makefile.in
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: ro at techfak dot uni-bielefeld dot de
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 4 Nov 03 15:28:41 EST
- Subject: Re: 3.4 PATCH: Remove duplication in ada/Makefile.in
On the other hand, I had to reintroduce ADAC when bootstrapping GNAT on
IRIX 6 since the GCC 2.8.1 based GCC mis-compiled several files, so I
needed CC=<path to gcc 3.1> and ADAC=<path to GNAT 3.15p>.
The problem with the ADAC was the risk that CC and ADAC would be
incompatible. We got about as many of those reports as those where
no single compiler would compile the entire thing. So it would be a
shame to reintroduce it.
# use cross-gcc
- $(MAKE) -C ada $(FLAGS_TO_PASS) $(ADA_FLAGS_TO_PASS) gnat-cross
+ make $(GNAT1_ADA_OBJS) CC="gcc -B../stage1/" CFLAGS="-S -gnatp" \
+ $(FLAGS_TO_PASS) $(ADA_FLAGS_TO_PASS) HOST_CFLAGS= HOST_CC=cc
seems bogus: HOST_CC should be whatever $(CC) was found during configure,
not hardcoding cc here.
I agree with your point about HOST_CC, but everything else is correct.
-ada/adafinal.o : ada/adafinal.c $(CONFIG_H) $(SYSTEM_H) ada/raise.h
+ada/final.o : ada/final.c $(CONFIG_H) $(SYSTEM_H) ada/raise.h
looses the fix for PR ada/8344.
Intentionally. I do not see any reason to make that change.
Wed Oct 29 22:20:32 2003 Rainer Orth <ro@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
* Makefile.in: Remove many duplicate variables.
But this is OK.