This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Your changes to Ada C files had several problems
- From: Kelley Cook <kcook34 at ford dot com>
- To: Arnaud Charlet <charlet at ACT-Europe dot FR>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 11:20:47 -0500
- Subject: Re: Your changes to Ada C files had several problems
- Hop-count: 1
- References: <20031104012829.D22836@dublin.act-europe.fr>
- Reply-to: Kelley Cook <kelleycook at wideopenwest dot com>
> You also swapped the last two parameters of setup_to_install, causing
> exception related failures.
I now see how this occurred, since it was almost entirely an awk script
change. In this particular instance the old-style declarations were
unfortunately (and perfectly legitimately) not in the same order as the
prototype for setup_to_install in raise.c as can be seen below.
-setup_to_install (uw_context, uw_exception, uw_landing_pad, uw_filter)
- _Unwind_Context *uw_context;
- _Unwind_Exception *uw_exception;
- int uw_filter;
- _Unwind_Ptr uw_landing_pad;
+setup_to_install (_Unwind_Context *uw_context,
+ _Unwind_Exception *uw_exception,
+ int uw_filter,
+ _Unwind_Ptr uw_landing_pad)
/* We should not be called if the appropriate underlying support is not
I have now hand checked the entire patch I committed and that was not
the case for any other function in the patch.
I am sorry for the waste of your team's time in tracking down this
surely hard to find bug I introduced.
> Please wait for an Ada maintainer to OK your patch before making
> changes in the Ada tree next time, thanks. As you can see, your
> changes were not as obvious as they looked.
Will do, especially since I do not know ada. The only upcoming patches
I see coming your way will be for the Makefile.