This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 3.3 PATCH: Add PNI support
- From: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: hjl at lucon dot org, jakub at redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 12:16:29 -0600
- Subject: Re: 3.3 PATCH: Add PNI support
- Organization: Red Hat / Chicago
>> The current situation is gcc 3.3 is just a baseline. People have to
>> apply patches on top of it to get a stable and usable compiler.
>Indeed. It's kind of sub-optimal that Red Hat, SUSE and probably several
>others including Debian, the BSDs and dozens of other distributinos need
>the very same patch (or a variation thereof) while stock GCC is not
Yes, I think this indicates a structural flaw in the release process,
probably caused by the uncertainty surrounding the lifetime of the 3.3.x
branch. Isn't this the case with some IA64 patches as well?
Does anybody know the union of patches to gcc-3_3-branch for SuSE and