This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] CCP compile time improvements
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- To: Andrew Macleod <amacleod at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 07:53:16 -0400
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] CCP compile time improvements
- Organization: Red Hat Canada
- References: <1063922207.1366.37.camel@p4>
On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 17:56, Andrew MacLeod wrote:
> This made another nice difference, dropping the time in CCP to about 12
> seconds, and the overall compile time to about 77 seconds.
The patch is fine, thanks. I would only change the return type of
cfg_blocks_empty() from int to bool and maybe rename it to
> There is a little more overhead in implementing a queue, so I did a
> compile time comparison of a phase of gcc bootstrapping. Time spent in
> CCP rose from about 5.5 cumulative seconds over all files to about 5.7
> seconds, so nothing I'd be too concerned about.
I wonder how this affects the other big CCP users like POOMA. I'll take