This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Makefile.in: Simplify recursive make callings.
- From: Kelley Cook <kelleycook at wideopenwest dot com>
- To: "Zack Weinberg" <zack at codesourcery dot com>, Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>
- Cc: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 09:56:04 -0500
- Subject: Re: Makefile.in: Simplify recursive make callings.
- Reply-to: Kelley Cook <kelleycook at wideopenwest dot com>
> Michael Matz <email@example.com> writes:
> > Hi,
> > On 6 Sep 2003, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> >> > It is not clear to me that this still works if the
> $(MAKE) comes >> > from a variable.
> >> Unless there's evidence supporting this theory,
> > What _really_ should be tested well is if parallel make
> > with GNU make still works.
> Yes, this is what I'm worried about, too.
Zack and Michael are correct, it now makes in serial even
with a make -j 10 cleanstrap. I'll revert it when I get
home (cvs blocked at work).
Alexandre, would you like patch such as alternative that
Zack suggested, or should we just leave Makefile.in the way
they were previous to this ill-fated patch?