This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: make genattrtab generate smaller code
- From: law at redhat dot com
- To: Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>
- Cc: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 08:00:18 -0600
- Subject: Re: make genattrtab generate smaller code
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
In message <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>, Michael Ma
>Hmm, I'm uncertain how to proceed. Just to see how small I could get the
>insn-attrtab.c in the ideal case, I deactivated _all_ optimization of the
>define_attr tree inside genattrtab so it now basically only emits
I believe the "canonical" test for genattrtab optimizations was always
the MIPS port. IIRC the MIPS port was consistently the most problematical.
You might repeat your test with a MIPS target and see what happens.