This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFA: Install libobjc under gcc/, not gcc-lib/
- From: Alexander Malmberg <alexander at malmberg dot org>
- To: Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 03:05:24 +0200
- Subject: Re: RFA: Install libobjc under gcc/, not gcc-lib/
- References: <3F4646E0.A9DF6CBF@malmberg.org> <email@example.com>
Geoff Keating wrote:
> This is OK (although it needs a ChangeLog entry),
How about, for libobjc/ChangeLog (glances at change log style docs):
2003-08-23 Alexander Malmberg <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Makefile.in, aclocal.m4, configure: Update to use $(libdir)/gcc/
instead of $(libdir)/gcc-lib/ when installing.
> but why isn't this
> variable overriden by the toplevel Makefile?
I don't know, I just patched this in the obvious way. It does seem a bit
odd that something like libsubdir isn't defined in just one place. Some
quick grepping shows that there are similar references to gcc-lib in
several other places, but since they haven't hurt me, I haven't looked
closely at them (and this is on objc-improvements-branch):
- Alexander Malmberg