This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Bug in ra-colorize.c:merge_moves?
- From: Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>
- To: Christian Ehrhardt <ehrhardt at mathematik dot uni-ulm dot de>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 22:15:04 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: Bug in ra-colorize.c:merge_moves?
On Fri, 28 Feb 2003, Christian Ehrhardt wrote:
> The current new-regalloc-branch (with the patch included) gave these
> top numbers (times in milliseconds):
> local alloc: 175740 1470 175030
> This means that the performance issues of newra aren't solved yet but
> here are the numbers that I got without the patch:
> local alloc: 598860 3230 601360
> So this is definitely a significant improvement wrt. compile time speed!
OK, cool enough, this is all what I wanted to know (that it is nearly
equivalent to your local patch regarding compiler time reduction). That
the new allocator is still slower is known.