This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Demangling C++ global initializers and destructors
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: Robert Schiele <rschiele at uni-mannheim dot de>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 28 Feb 2003 20:02:10 +0100
- Subject: Re: Demangling C++ global initializers and destructors
- Organization: Integrable Solutions
- References: <20030228144528.GA13504@schiele.local>
Robert Schiele <rschiele at uni-mannheim dot de> writes:
| Currently the -C option on the binutils tools does not demangle global
| C++ initializers and destructors, because the demangler is confused by
| the _GLOBAL__?_ prefix. The following patch changes this by skipping
| this prefix when handing down to the demangler. This means for
| example _GLOBAL__I__ZN10HashBasics13hashtablesizeEj is demangled to
| What do you think about such a change?
I welcome this sort of patch. It believe it is something that need to
be coordinated with GCC's demangler.