This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] Folding of calls to builtin functions
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- To: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: 26 Feb 2003 18:23:24 -0500
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] Folding of calls to builtin functions
- References: <200302262315.h1QNFrsU028541@localhost.redhat.com>
On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 18:15, law at redhat dot com wrote:
> This allows us to fold calls to builtin functions with constant
> arguments. This should be pretty rare so I'm not terribly concerned
> about the call to copy_stmt.
> * tree-ssa-ccp.c (ccp_fold): Also handle folding of calls to
> builtin functions.
Why make it unnecessarily slow? It's just as easy to replace the
builtin arguments like my original patch did. No copying involved. Did
you notice anything wrong with my original solution?