This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fix compile/20030224-1.c
- From: law at redhat dot com
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 18:11:41 -0700
- Subject: Re: Fix compile/20030224-1.c
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
In message <20030226005357 dot GW12967 at redhat dot com>, Richard Henderson writes:
>On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 04:43:55PM -0700, law at redhat dot com wrote:
>> %eax is marked as used by the call. Put a breakpoint on use_reg
>> and try to compile the testcase. You'll see %eax marked as used
>> by the call.
>Distinctly odd. And definitely a bug.
>Look at the .00.rtl dump -- eax is marked used, but
I didn't say it wasn't odd :-) I've got no clue why we're considering
%eax an argument register in this case. Someone with more intimate
knowledge of the x86 port would probably need to delve into that. I
don't mind backing out my patch if someone wants to look more deeply at
the %eax usage.