This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fix compile/20030224-1.c
- From: law at redhat dot com
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 16:43:55 -0700
- Subject: Re: Fix compile/20030224-1.c
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
In message <20030225232248 dot GO12967 at redhat dot com>, Richard Henderson writes:
>On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 01:15:43PM -0700, law at redhat dot com wrote:
>> The key concept here is that %eax is unusable as a reload register as it
>> is live throughout the entire function (due to the calls with VLAs as
>Um, no, start over. Since eax is not involved in the call sequence
>itself (vla or no), I can't see that eax is _really_ live.
%eax is marked as used by the call. Put a breakpoint on use_reg
and try to compile the testcase. You'll see %eax marked as used
by the call.