This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Optimize nonoptimizing compilation IV
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, rth at cygnus dot com
- Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 13:37:22 -0800
- Subject: Re: Optimize nonoptimizing compilation IV
- References: <20030222114857.GE9783@kam.mff.cuni.cz>
Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz> writes:
> this patch avoids optimize_mode_swithcing when no instructions needing
> it are present in the insn stream. It saves 7% out of insn-attrtab
> build time at -O0. Together with the tidy_fallthru_eges we are already
> faster than gcc-3.0 (and with this patch only we are faster than
This is OK.
Please consider making OPTIMIZE_MODE_SWITCHING() into a target hook as
a followup patch. This needs to be done with caution, since I see
there is quite a lot of code #ifdef-ed out when OPTIMIZE_MODE_SWITCHING
is not defined, which is true for almost all targets. But we do want
to be going in the direction of being able to swap back-ends in and
out at run time, so...