This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch: fix gcj deprecation support
- From: Eric Blake <ebb9 at email dot byu dot edu>
- To: tromey at redhat dot com
- Cc: java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Gcc Patch List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 22:04:20 -0700
- Subject: Re: Patch: fix gcj deprecation support
- References: <email@example.com>
Have you run the Jacks tests on deprecation in
jvms/class-file-format/attributes/deprecated-attribute? Note that Sun's
javadoc and javac currently parse this differently; the jacks tests are
based on javadocs behavior and there is an open bug in Sun's database to
make javac comply. Right now jikes gets it correct, for a reference if
you need it.
Tom Tromey wrote:
Anthony recently noticed that we weren't emitting deprecation
information in our .class files.
This patch fixes the problem. It fixes bugs in recognizing
@deprecated in the javadoc, and it changes the bytecode generator to
emit Deprecated attributes for methods, fields, and classes.
I tested this on various test cases here. I haven't checked in any
new test cases as there is no need -- our nightly japi comparisons
will quickly show any problems here. (That is how Anthony discovered
this in the first place.)
This signature intentionally left boring.
Eric Blake ebb9 at email dot byu dot edu
BYU student, free software programmer