This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Bugs in sysroot patches resulting in $(local_include)/include always searched, ../-expansion broken
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com>
- To: drow at mvista dot com
- Cc: hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 05:12:34 +0100
- Subject: Re: Bugs in sysroot patches resulting in $(local_include)/include always searched, ../-expansion broken
> Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 22:55:55 -0500
> From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
> On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 03:05:27AM +0100, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> > I can confirm that it works as expected. Thanks! Do you have a
> > patch for the second problem?
> No, but it should be a matter of an -isystem somewhere.
I changed my setup instead.
> > ...hum, maybe I should fix my setup to not require relocation.
> > I'll do that, but I'm still uneasy about the changed relocation
> > semantics (not relocating when the gcc binary is elsewhere).
> > Was that discussed and agreed on?
> I don't understand what change you mean.
Look at previous emails, same thread. You changed
implementation semantics so that calling gcc from outside the
installation prefix, for example as /foo/build/gcc/xgcc, now
results in include-paths at it's configured --prefix will not
get ../-relocated. You said it was a matter of correctness.
I'm not so sure, therefore I ask if that change was really
agreed to by the approver.