This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch/libiberty] Add w32 version of lrealpath
- From: Danny Smith <danny_r_smith_2001 at yahoo dot co dot nz>
- To: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 12:29:08 +1100 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [Patch/libiberty] Add w32 version of lrealpath
--- DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com> wrote: >
> If we don't have symlinks, we don't need to do anything, do we? So
> far, the function is used only in case there's a symlink - on many
> platforms, it just returns the string passed to it.
OK, I was assuming that this part of the function description:
``.'' and ``..'' components will be simplified.
was also going to be utilized. If not, I'll withdraw patch.
> DJGPP has, for example, _truename() but I didn't see the point in
> adding that one either.
> But I see no harm in adding this code, so if you still think it's
> warranted, it's OK with me.
> > If this is unacceptable, would a configure test for HAVE_W32API be
> > better?
> Probably not, because that would include cygwin, which has its own way
> of canonicalizing path names.
Related question: I am testing out w32 version of physmem(), again using w32api
function (GlobalMemoryStatus). HAVE_W32API would allow cygwin to use that.
#ifdef _WIN32 would not.
http://mobile.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Mobile
- Exchange IMs with Messenger friends on your Telstra or Vodafone mobile phone.