This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Avoid useless REG_EQUAL notes
- From: Roger Sayle <roger at www dot eyesopen dot com>
- To: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 14:27:50 -0700 (MST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Avoid useless REG_EQUAL notes
On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:
> > 2003-02-20 Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
> > * explow.c (force_reg): Avoid useless REG_EQUAL notes.
> Were you able to measure any significant differences in memory usage
> and/or speed?
> Is this appropriate/useful for 3.3?
I must admit that I have neither timed the code nor even counted the
number of times we save a REG_EQUAL note. I just consider this a
code hygiene clean-up, and not worthy of 3.3 unless we discover it
makes an observable improvement.