This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Let's backport speedups from 3.4 to 3.3
- From: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- To: k_fukui at highway dot ne dot jp, mark at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 15:37:38 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: Let's backport speedups from 3.4 to 3.3
- References: <email@example.com>
> From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
> --On Thursday, February 13, 2003 02:50:14 AM +0900 Kaoru Fukui
> <k_fukui at highway dot ne dot jp> wrote:
> > On 13 Feb, To: ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu wrote:
> >> On 12 Feb, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:
> >>> I've heard some mention that 3.4 is faster in some cases than 3.3.
> >>> I know several speedup tweeks have been made since the branch was
> >>> created. Not all of them have been backported.
> Just to make sure I'm clear, I don't object in any way to backporting
> changes that speed up the compiler -- as long as the person approving them
> feels that they're safe. Let's not do anything too radical, but relatively
> simple changes are fine.
Are there any more anyone would like to recommend for consideration?
Kaveh R. Ghazi ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu