This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: libstdc++ related boostrap failure
- From: "Vladimir Merzliakov" <wanderer at rsu dot ru>
- To: "Phil Edwards" <phil at jaj dot com>, "Gerald Pfeifer" <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Cc: "Benjamin Kosnik" <bkoz at redhat dot com>, <rittle at latour dot rsch dot comm dot mot dot com>, <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 21:20:51 +0300
- Subject: Re: libstdc++ related boostrap failure
- References: <Pine.BSF.firstname.lastname@example.org> <200302140317.h1E3H4eH030020@latour.rsch.comm.mot.com> <20030214171730.GA25989@disaster.jaj.com> <20030219231345.GA30170@disaster.jaj.com> <email@example.com> <Pine.BSF.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20030220004612.GA31785@disaster.jaj.com> <20030220164731.GA7696@disaster.jaj.com>
> > > >>The choice is either
> > > >>
> > > >> A) export _Atomic_add_mutex from the library, like Loren's patch
> > > > I too think 'A' is the best option.
> > > >
> > > Phil, Loren, is one of you going to commit such a patch?
> > I plan on committing Loren's patch plus some explanatory comments.
> Like so. Once somebody confirms that FreeBSD can build&test with this
> patch, I can go back and commit the original genric atomicity.h patch,
> as well as this one, to the 3.3 branch.
> 2003-02-20 Phil Edwards <pme at gcc dot gnu dot org>
> * config/linker-map.gnu: Also export locking symbols needed for the
> generic atomicity.h case.
After update gcc sources from CVS (with this patch)
gcc bootstrap without problems at FreeBSD 4.6.1
Thank you for fixing problem!