This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Unit-at-time related PRs
- From: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- To: Arpad Beszedes <beszedes at cc dot u-szeged dot hu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 17:37:21 +0100
- Subject: Re: Unit-at-time related PRs
- References: <3E55032B.email@example.com>
> Just a short note: if unit-a-time compilation is available in GCC, the
> following two PRs could be more easily solved:
> optimization/9702: Constant pools are not shared among functions
I think this is more convoluted. There is some problem with data
locality and function sections and so on on some crazy ports.
> middle-end/9724: Gcc should drop unused static functions from
> translation units
I am already solving this.
I am not sure whether we should close it then or wait until at least C++
is converted into unit-at-a-time mode.