This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: --enable-maintainer-mode for toplevel
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 07:20:39 +0000 (GMT)
- Subject: Re: --enable-maintainer-mode for toplevel
On 19 Feb 2003, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> After being bitten by inappropriate timestamps in the top-level
> configure file one too many times (and not willing to recommend the
> use of gcc's contrib/gcc_update for the src tree), I went ahead and
> disabled the timestamp dependencies of the top-level Makefile.in and
> configure unless --enable-maintainer-mode (borrowed from automake) is
> used. I'm checking this in mainline. I considered back-porting this
> to 3.3, but the rule to generate Makefile.in is already disabled by
> default there, and configure is not generated, so we're ok there.
Please update the documentation of --enable-maintainer-mode in
gcc/doc/install.texi to describe what it currently does.
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk