This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: patch: Re: rfc: auto-casted vector types
- From: Graham Stott <graham dot stott at btinternet dot com>
- To: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>, Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Kumar Gala <kumar dot gala at motorola dot com>, Jim Wilson<wilson at redhat dot com>, mark at codesourcery dot com, Zack Weinberg<zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 19:07:21 +0000
- Subject: Re: patch: Re: rfc: auto-casted vector types
- References: <BC4CE95E-443B-11D7-9EC3-000393750C1E@redhat.com>
Aldy Hernandez wrote:
#define __ev_addw(a,b) __builtin_spe_evaddw((__v2si) (a), (__v2si) (b))
and we want to be able to assign their value to any other simd type
without a cast. The API actually has a definition of __ev_addw() like
__ev64_opaque__ __ev_addw(__ev64_opaque, __ev64_opaque__);
This kind of hints that such builtins should take and return opaque types
then you wouldn't need any casts?