This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: test patch for computed gotos
- From: Arend Bayer <arend dot bayer at web dot de>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Brad Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <feeley at iro dot umontreal dot ca>
- Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 01:01:19 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: test patch for computed gotos
FYI, this patch:
2003-02-15 Richard Henderson <email@example.com>
* cfgcleanup.c: Include params.h.
(try_crossjump_bb): Use PARAM_MAX_CROSSJUMP_EDGES. Fix test for
too many outgoing edges from a block.
* Makefile.in (cfgcleanup.o): Depend on PARAMS_H.
* params.def (max-crossjump-edges): New.
* doc/invoke.texi: Document it.
also fixes PR 6798 (not surprisingly: this consists basically of a huge
switch statement with breaks in each case, so that the block after the
switch has some 2500 incoming edges).
(I confirmed this by backing out the part of the patch to cfgcleanup.c.)
IOW, this might be worth backporting to 3.2 (which doesn't even have the
"if (n > 100)"-test that you fixed) and 3.3.