This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] CCP fixes
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: law at redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 15:42:45 -0800
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] CCP fixes
- References: <200302182005.h1IK5vQ5015542@localhost.redhat.com>
On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 01:05:56PM -0700, email@example.com wrote:
> They fail because gimple doesn't allow arbitrary complex expressions
> to appear as call arguments. You can have simple constants and variables.
> Something like PLUS_EXPR ... is not allowed.
A plus of two constants should also be considered a constant,
for the purposes of GIMPLE.
In rtl we have (const (plus (symbol_ref) (const_int))) to
record this, but nothing similar in trees.