This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH C++: speed up templates
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Ziemowit Laski <zlaski at apple dot com>
- Cc: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 13:07:59 -0800
- Subject: Re: PATCH C++: speed up templates
Yes -- take advantage of the fact that dependent types can really only show
up during parsing template functions, and that in that case you're not
supposed to be doing anything with them. :-)
Perhaps there are ways in which we can assist with this? Would it be
possible for you to briefly outline what the "big picture" is here?
Mark Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com