This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Document arithmetic overflow semantics
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: fjh at cs dot mu dot OZ dot AU, jbuck at synopsys dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org,kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu, roger at www dot eyesopen dot com
- Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 14:07:20 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Document arithmetic overflow semantics
> Suppose we denote the three variants of "+" as follows:
> +undef undefined behaviour on overflow
> +wrap wraps on overflow
> +trap traps on overflow
I still don't see how +wrap differs from an unsigned addition, so it seems
simply confusing to have it around explicitly.