This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Document arithmetic overflow semantics
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
- Cc: Roger Sayle <roger at www dot eyesopen dot com>, Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 10:58:49 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Document arithmetic overflow semantics
- References: <20030213175851.GC12198@redhat.com> <200302131804.h1DI4tr12876@pc960.cambridge.arm.com>
On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 06:04:55PM +0000, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
> I think there is major confusion here between "undefined" in the
> language-lawyer concept and "ambiguous" about what our internal nodes mean.
> Yes, we want to take advantage of the former. But we need to try and
> avoid the latter.
Correct. But if we don't have a way to represent the former
in the later, then we've lost out.